Catholic school teachers often ask for prayer resources they can use in the classroom. Award-winning theology teacher Justin McClain offers more than two hundred original prayers to meet those requests. This collection of short prayers is arranged by school-year-related themes and can be read by a teacher or student. It is filled with fresh, timely, and meaningful prayers that fit well into any classroom schedule.
Called to Pray: Daily Prayers for Catholic Schools is perfect for use with Catholic school students in grades five through twelve. The prayers are organized into six different themes:
- special school occasions such as the first day of school
- prayers for the school community, including administrators, teachers, coaches, support staff, and students
- prayers for friends and family
- holidays and observances such as Earth Day
- liturgical seasons and holy days
- general prayers for the school year
Four types of prayer are included throughout the book--adoration, contrition, petition, and thanksgiving. Some include class responses. Twenty one of the prayers were written by McClain's students at Bishop McNamara High School in Bowie, Maryland. Traditional Catholic prayers also are included.